This week has been no fun as three of us have been hit with the stomach bug. Nate was the first to go down, then myself, and now MC. I know you're glad I have no pictures to share from the week, but Mari Cagle has me a little amused. She has been learning so much in writing, I guess, but her figurative language and similes are cracking me up. It might just be that I'm delirious from being sick and then up with her much of the night, who knows, but here are a few of her gems that I can remember....
"I feel like a teapot with no tea in it."
"I could drink five gallons of water." (Her math teacher would be proud as they've been studying units of measurement.)
"I wish Ruthie were real so she could get up and pass me the remote."
"I've been asleep for like six centuries so since the 15th century!"
"Caz, I'm glad someone's happy."
And on more than one occasion, "I think I might be dying."
I think my baby's on the mend. We offer up continued prayers that Caz and Brandon continue to escape this nasty bug.
My favorite one is the remote comment! We are praying for you all and can't wait to see you soon.
ReplyDelete