Saturday, November 20, 2010

November Around Here

So far November has been a relatively quiet month. With no soccer or flag football and no birth of a child, things feel pretty settled around here. Just a few highlights...

MC and Nate have both had lots of play dates with friends which are always fun. Apparently 3rd grade play dates evolve into spending the night. MC's spent the night away from home the past three weekends!! Above is what happens the day after the sleepover. :) Notice she's still reading the Harry Potter series. She finished Book 4 last weekend and we watched the movie together. I have loved her reading this series! I have enjoyed talking about the book as she reads and watching the movies together at the conclusion of the book is so much fun. We're going to take a break from Harry Potter for a short while and read "The Chronicles of Narnia" together. I'm looking forward to it.


Caz turned 1 month today!!

He continues to eat and sleep well, I only hope that continues for the rest of his life! I think he gave me his first intentional smile yesterday. He flashed this adorable grin every time I said 'Hey!' It must have been intentional as he repeated enough times for me to actually get a shot of it. :)

His favorite place to hang is in his bouncy seat. He enjoys the farm animals when he's awake and he enjoys the back of his eyelids when he snoozes in it during the day. :)

He and Brandon played together last night and Caz seemed to discover the toys hanging from his play mat are interactive. He watched the ball intently and discovered that he could hit it with his hand to make it swing back and forth. He'd watch it until it stopped swinging and swat it again. We go to the pediatrician this week for the 1 month check up. I'm anxious to find out how much he weighs now. He was 8lbs 10oz at birth, 8lbs 1.6oz when we left the hospital. Brandon is guessing 10.5 lbs. Any other guesses?

I don't have any pictures of the Natester. But I do have another funny story...We went to a get together of Brandon's fellow faculty members this evening. On the way, we were reminding the kids of appropriate behavior as guests, especially at Daddy's boss' house. Nate explained that he would of course be on his best behavior because he wouldn't want Daddy to be fired. He likes that Daddy has a job so that we can have a house and food and do fun things. :) Another cute Nate story...he was playing on the computer and came up to show me what he had been doing. He said he wanted to show me his 'research' that he had done on some Pokemon characters, just like his Dad. :) From the mouths of babes!

So we've had a couple quiet weeks, but this week brings much more excitement and fun as we look forward to special visitors for Thanksgiving!! We wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and a year of many more blessings to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment